Thursday, July 25, 2013

Icardi eager to learn from Milito & Palacio

The 20-year-old is keen to make the next step in his career under the guidance of his compatriots and sees Juventus as the team to beat in Serie A
New Inter signing Mauro Icardi is eager to learn from experienced team-mates such as Diego Milito andRodrigo Palacio as he aims to further improve his game.

The Argentine youngster joined Inter from Sampdoria earlier this month and he is hopeful his Nerazzurricompatriots can help him take the next step in his development.

"Milito and Palacio are both great players who play the same role I do. What I need to do is follow the way they train, observe their movements and learn from them," Icardi told Sky Sport Italia.

"Have they already given me some advice? No, we've just started. It’s still early.

"Being at Inter does not mean that I’ve made it. I’d say it’s more of a starting point. At Sampdoria I did well and arrived here, now I have to do well here."

Icardi then went on to discuss this year's Scudetto race and stressed that reigning champions Juventus are the favourites to win Serie A again.

"Last year Juventus were favourites for the title and I believe it’s the same again this year," the 20-year-old added.

"They’re the reigning champions and have strengthened their team. We have to give our all."

No comments:

Post a Comment